Tuesday, June 24, 2014



Wish I could get these to sit in a single row, but this was the best I could do. Note the box in the pictures - it's the same box  - the room is just too small to get the whole scene in one picture. This is at least 50 pounds of reed dyed with Procion and I have the task of converting it to manageable bundles of reed to be used by kids at camp - most of whom think it's their god given right to leave a mess for someone else to clean up. There's no way in hell I'm going to turn them loose on something like this, so I have to weed through it, looking for sections of reed that can be coiled up, but a great deal of it is simply loose and often tangled. Not a good week for me to have the flu. We set up camp on Saturday and we're coming to the end of the day on Tuesday. I can only work with this stuff during daylight hours - there's only yellow light available at night, so I can't see the colors very well. I have other demands during the day as well, so this aint gonna get done by Saturday.
   Thankful for this teaching job - it's my 20th year, but every year brings tasks that are simply thankless. None of these kids has a clue what goes into their summer fun. It's been taking me about an hour to sort out and bag up a 25x25" clear bag. Has to be clear so we won't lose it with some kind of garbage. I've had the stuff for 10 days and have filled 2 bags - there should be about 2 dozen bags when I'm done.
   Bitch, bitch, bitch.... sorry....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!